If you are looking for speed, power and show stopping styling, this custom 1997 Ford Cobra Mustang “FANG” by Granatelli Motor Sports, Inc. fits the bill and is currently available on the eBay Motors auction site (#151750573142) through August 9. The car is offered for sale by the original owner with a $75,000 asking price.
Granatelli started with a new 1997 Mustang Cobra SVT convertible making modifications that included making the car wider, lower, faster, stronger and all-around cooler; ultimately transforming the car into a 650 hp high performance show car that reaches speeds in excess of 200 mph.
Modeled after the 1000 hp street driven Summit Racing Pro Millennium “million dollar” Mustang built for Paul Sergi owner of Summit Racing, “The Worlds Speed Shop,” FANG is the 650 hp little brother.
J.R. Granatelli and his company Granatelli Motor Sports are well known for their multiple award winning “Ford Image Vehicles.’ The Pro Millennium, Nasty NAS-TRUCK and Blown Hornet are three such examples.
“FANG is a culmination of all those efforts,” said J.R. Granatelli. “FANG is the tamed version of Pro Millennium, if you can call a 650 hp convertible that’s widened a full eight inches in the rear and six inches in the front tame.”
FANG is just one of three similar high performance Mustangs built by Granatelli. Once completed, FANG was featured in the Main Hall at SEMA, in Las Vegas, by Granatelli then went into hibernation until it was recently pulled out to be sold by the owner, Phillip Weber. The odometer now reflects just over 750 miles and still looks as good as it did when it left the SEMA show in Vegas.
FANG is as happy on the street as it is on the track and runs as good as it looks. Granatelli recently stated that he drove it on the open road at a speed of 200 mph and that there was “still plenty more speed left!” JR Granatelli sincerely refers to this car as “one of his babies.”
Here is a sampling of the key modifications to this incredible high performance Mustang.
- Wider: front (6 inches) / rear (8+ inches)
- Granatelli Motorsports upgrades: tubular K-member, fully adjustable coil over front suspension, weld-in full length sub frame connector, upper and lower control arm package, Tubular A-arms with sway
- Customized Stalker nose piece
- Customized Saleen SR-71 rear wing
- Ford Motorsport (Ford Racing) SVO 351 block with 4.08 bore – 427 cubic inch engine with a 4.0-inch stroke. The engine was built with the following performance components- Sonny Bryant billet crankshaft, Carillo connecting rods, JE pistons & wrist pins, aluminum CNC high port/polished Trick Flow (TFS) cylinder heads (ported by J.R. Granatelli) with a trick 3-angle valve job (to compliment the airflow), Comp Cams hydraulic roller camshaft, Comp Cams hydraulic roller lifters, Comp Cams hardened steel push rods, stainless Manley valves, 1.6 ratio Crane Gold roller rocker arms
- Vortech V-1 T-trim supercharger (helps to provide over 650 hp at 12 psi of boost)
- Dodge Viper T56 6-speed transmission
- Dual bucket racing seats with power driver’s side and Simpson racing belts
FANG’s body has been modified using “all steel” and no Bondo. The hood, nose and rear diffuser were one-off and fabricated with a carbon composite. The car was finished off with six coats of black Giasurit paint and twin silver stripes.
If you are interested in purchasing this one-of-a-kind Granatelli high-performance Cobra Mustang, view it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151750573142