BORLA Performance Industries has launched its new exhaust systems designed and engineered exclusively for the 2016 Chevrolet Camaro SS models with the 6.2-liter LT1 V8 engine. The BORLA R&D department is in the process of developing exhaust systems for all Camaro models, including the V6 and four-cylinder turbo models, and is announcing the 2016 Camaro SS exhaust systems this week. As with all BORLA products, the new 2.75” diameter exhaust systems have been engineered specifically for the LT1 engine and are guaranteed drone-free. The new exhaust systems can be specified for cars with or without the Dual Mode (NPP) factory exhaust option and include BORLA’s own valve technology.
- Engineered specifically for the 2016 Camaro SS 6.2L LT1 V8
- 2.75” diameter exhaust manufactured from T-304 stainless steel
- High-quality engineering allows BORLA Million Mile Warranty
- Available versions for cars with the factory Dual Mode exhaust with four-tip tailpipes, as well as stock two-tip, non-Dual Mode configurations
- Patented ATAK® and S-Type muffler technology options allow customers to choose exhaust note and volume level
- All BORLA Camaro exhaust products are guaranteed to be drone-free
- Different mid-pipe and resonator options available for further customization
- Long-tube headers and larger 3” header-back exhaust system for “competition or race use only” coming soon
- Camaro V6 and four-cylinder turbo exhaust systems available soon
BORLA exhaust systems provide Camaro SS owners with a variety of sound options. The patented and race-bred ATAK muffler technology, for example, delivers the highest decibel level available in the street-legal BORLA lineup. It provides the most aggressive exhaust notes that are still acceptable for residential driving.
The BORLA S-Type exhaust option also delivers enhanced performance with a throaty, aggressive sound under acceleration but at a reduced volume level.
The BORLA ATAK and S-Type rear-section mufflers can be specified with or without Dual Mode-type valve technology. This is to ensure that Camaro owners who selected the Chevrolet factory NPP option can still enjoy their Dual Mode functionality even with a BORLA exhaust fitted.
Furthermore, Camaro SS owners can add the BORLA performance mid-pipe to the rear-section mufflers. The mid-pipe is available separately and eradicates the restrictions in the stock exhaust system, improving airflow and aiding performance, without increasing the sound output.
The mid-pipe is available with or without Active Fuel Management (AFM) valves. These operate separately from the NPP valves in the mufflers and are designed to enhance backpressure and sound quality when the 6.2-liter LT1 engine engages its four-cylinder, low emissions mode. For regular street driving, it is recommended that Camaro owners specify the BORLA performance mid-pipe with AFM valves, but racing applications may prefer to delete the AFM.
Giving Camaro owners even more opportunities to customize their car, BORLA offers a Touring resonator option for its mid-pipe. This part is designed to provide a milder growl from the ATAK or S-Type rear-section for owners who have specified the performance mid-pipe. The sound remains distinctively different from stock to let people know you mean business, yet is not as sporty as ATAK or S-Type.
Whatever combination of parts are chosen, the BORLA development team designed and engineered the Camaro SS exhausts to deliver enhanced performance without any annoying drone that is generally associated with aftermarket exhausts. Yet BORLA is able to deliver more horsepower and torque when you plant your right foot. There is also the added benefit of improved fuel economy at cruising speeds.
REAR SECTION MUFFLERS:
- 2016 Chevy Camaro SS with standard Dual Mode exhaust – S-Type (Part # 11924)
- 2016 Chevy Camaro SS with standard Dual Mode exhaust – ATAK (Part # 11925)
- 2016 Chevy Camaro SS with Dual Tip exhaust – S-Type (Part # 11920)
- 2016 Chevy Camaro SS with Dual Tip exhaust – ATAK (Part # 11921)
- Performance mid-pipe with AFM (Part # 60610)
- Performance mid-pipe without AFM (Part # 60607)
- Touring Resonator (Part # 60608)
For more information www.borla.com