Pennzoil is bringing the action to race fans and motorsport enthusiasts with the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series (MENCS) coming to Las Vegas this spring. The first ever Pennzoil 400 presented by Jiffy Lube will serve as the main event of what will be the first of two triple-header motorsports weekends hosted at Las Vegas Motor Speedway in 2018 – a first for the city and NASCAR. The inaugural Pennzoil 400 will take place on the 1.5-mile track on March 4, 2018, at 12:30PM PST and will be broadcast live on FOX.
“The Pennzoil brand, part of the Shell family of lubricants, has been involved in various levels of motorsports for many years, including unprecedented success with some of the top teams in NASCAR over the past three decades,” said Carlos Maurer, President, Shell Lubricants Americas. “Our relationship with Team Penske and Penske Corporation is a great example of that success, both on and off the track. The new entitlement at Las Vegas Motor Speedway is just another opportunity for Pennzoil to build on its already storied NASCAR heritage and start a new chapter in its support of one of America’s most popular motorsports series.”
Las Vegas is a valued market for Pennzoil and the track’s spring race has consistently had one of the highest TV ratings on the circuit and traditionally enjoyed sell-out crowds in attendance. Shell-sponsored driver, Joey Logano, will run the Pennzoil primary paint scheme in both Las Vegas races this year. The relationship between Pennzoil and Speedway Motorsports Incorporated (SMI), owner and operator of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway, has been a key factor in developing relationships with fans, partners and customers.
“We know that the Pennzoil 400 is going to be a must-see event for fans in town and those watching from home,” said Las Vegas Motor Speedway President, Chris Powell. “Working alongside Pennzoil, we have big plans to deliver an exciting atmosphere at the track, and we’re really looking forward to seeing it all unfold. Being a part of history this year, jumpstarting a great tradition for Pennzoil at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, is something we’re really proud to be a part of.”
2018 Race Fan Experiences:
- Three-time NHRA Top Fuel Champion Antron Brown will be the honorary pace car driver
- Dylan McDermott, star of FOX sitcom ‘LA to Vegas’ will be the Grand Marshal
- .38 Special will sing the pre-race National Anthem
- Pennzoil Nation fan engagement area featuring:
- Several high performance and unique show cars on display
- Autograph signings by NHRA drivers Matt Hagan, Leah Pritchett, Antron Brown; precision driver Rhys Millen, Jeff Allen, Meg Bailey, Ethan D, Eric Ables from SkidMarks Show and Flat12 Gallery
- “Live Stage” hosted by Jeff Allen, Ethan D and special guests
- Pennzoil Proving Grounds drifting experience with driver Vaughn Gittin, Jr
- Interactive Luster Wall inside the Neon Garage – Share your photo on social media and watch the mosaic appear
“The inaugural Pennzoil 400 Presented by Jiffy Lube is a great opportunity to further tie the nation’s No. 1 motor oil, Pennzoil, with the industry’s largest fast lube provider, Jiffy Lube,” said Patrick Southwick, President, Jiffy Lube International, Inc. “We strive to connect with consumers by providing a great customer experience and are thrilled help bring race fans and customers this exciting Pennzoil race experience.”