SPEEDVEGAS will install its 100-foot high and 50-foot wide sign, making it one of the largest signs of its kind. On Friday, June 10, the brand new sign will be fully lit and visible from dusk to dawn and will be the first sign incoming Southern California drivers will see when traveling to Las Vegas.
“Due to the sheer size, it is rare to find a commercial sign like this anywhere in the world. To put its size in perspective, the SPEEDVEGAS sign is more than twice the average commercial sign size due to its need to attract fast-moving, incoming and outgoing drivers from miles away,” says Darrell Stock, general manager, Patrick’s Signs.
Additional unique facts about the sign include:
- 1,800 man-hours of design, tooling and fabrication.
- Illuminated with 19,200 programmable LEDs. Each LED lasts 25,000 hours. The sign will be lit an average of 10 hours per day, resulting in each LED having a lifespan of nearly seven years.
- Despite its massive size, the LED sign sips just 30 amps of power, making it remarkably energy-efficient.
- The 100-foot sign extends an additional 26 feet into the ground and is anchored with 37 cubic yards of concrete.
- The sign is designed to withstand winds up to 115 MPH.
SPEEDVEGAS is located at 14200 S. Las Vegas Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89054.