Not only is the new Dodge Viper ACR (American Club Racer) back in the lineup as the ultimate track car, Dodge is also expanding the Viper’s exclusive production elements like never before.
With the introduction of matte-finish exterior paint, the 2016 Viper is now offered in more than 50 million unique build configurations, made up from the more than 16,000 unique paint color options and more than 48,000 unique stripe combinations. Now more than ever, Viper customers have the ability to choose a truly one-of-a-kind, hand-built American supercar.
Fastest street-legal Viper track car ever
The Viper ACR returns in 2016, prepared to honor its long-standing legacy as the ultimate street-legal track car through significant aerodynamic and suspension upgrades.
Originally introduced in 1999 and last available for the 2010 model year, the Dodge Viper ACR has a long-standing legacy as the ultimate street-legal track car for club racing. The new 2016 model honors that performance legacy with significant aerodynamic and suspension upgrades, new Brembo Carbon Ceramic Matrix brakes with six-piston front calipers and Kuhmo high-performance tires specifically designed for the ACR. Standard equipment highlights include:
- Ultimate stopping performance combined with unprecedented brake fade resistance through ACR-exclusive Brembo Carbon Ceramic Matrix 15-inch two-piece rotors and six-piston front calipers
- Unique track suspension features 10-setting, double-adjustable, Bilstein coil-over racing shocks and unique race alignment, delivering up to 3 inches of suspension height adjustment for fine-tuning corner weight
- Latest race tire compound technology with massive Kumho® Ecsta V720 high-performance tires (295/25/19 front, 355/30/19 rear), designed and developed specifically for the 2016 Dodge Viper ACR, delivers lap times that are 1.5 seconds faster than off-road-only race tires
- Combination of suspension, aero treatment and ACR-specific tires delivers sustainable 1.5 g cornering during high-speed turns
- Lightweight battery, lightweight carpet, minimal three speaker audio and manual seats designed to manage weight and maintain optimal 50/50 weight distribution
- Powered by iconic, hand-built 8.4-liter V-10 engine rated at 645 horsepower and 600 lb.-ft. of torque – the most torque of any naturally aspirated sports-car engine in the world
- Unique Alcantara hand-crafted interior to assist driver stability under high G-loading features iconic “ACR” dash badge and accent stitching
- Optional ACR Extreme Aero Package (late availability) delivers nearly 1 ton of peak downforce at top speed through massive, adjustable, dual-element carbon fiber rear wing, rear carbon fiber diffuser, unique SRT hood with removable louvers, detachable extension for the front splitter and additional dive planes